How to Install Chrome OS on PC with Play Store Support 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to install Chrome OS on PC with Play Store support. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Install Chrome OS on PC with Play Store Support. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Install Chrome OS on PC with Play Store Support
Chrome OS is a Gentoo Linux-based operating system developed by Google. It is derived from the freeware Chromium OS and uses the Google Chrome web browser as its main user interface. However, Chrome OS is proprietary software. Are you also the one who uses the Google browser the most on your system? If so, why not use Chrome OS to browse and work online, and even support the Google Play Store?
Windows 10 has many features, but most users don’t use them. So why use this cumbersome operating system on our computer? Chrome OS is the ultimate solution to get the features you need. The best part is that you can always get updates directly from Google, and the fun part is that you can use the Google Play Store to download your favorite apps. In this article, we will discuss each step to install Chrome OS on laptop/desktop in very simple steps.
How to Install Chrome OS on PC with Play Store Support
- First, download Linux Mint Cinnamon. Be sure to download one depending on your CPU architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Next, download the Rufus tool to update the Linux Mint image on your USB drive.
- Also download the Chrome OS recovery image. Be sure to download the latest version, codenamed “rammus”.
- Now you may wonder why we should opt for this code name. Well, the thing is, Rammus is the recommended image for all devices with 4th Gen Intel processor or newer. So, if you have a 3rd generation Intel processor, you should go for “Samus”. While AMD users can try the “grunt” image.
- Now comes the most important part: download the file called Brunch (make sure to download the tar.gz file in the Assets section). This file acts as a framework to create the generic Chrome OS image, allowing it to be installed on any Windows PC.
- Finally, download the install.sh script file using the hotkey combinations Ctrl+S.
Instructions to Install Chrome OS on PC
Before you begin the steps, please note that this process will erase all data on your hard drive. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you create a backup beforehand. Once done, follow the steps below:
Flash Linux Mint to USB
- Connect your USB key to the PC and launch the Rufus application. Now click on the Select button on the right. From the menu that appears, choose the Linux Mint Cinnamon image file.
- When done, press the Start button. Then click Yes followed by OK. The flashing process will now begin and should complete within a few minutes.
- Once done, create a new folder on your desktop and name it Chrome OS. Move the download install.sh script file to this folder.
- Now the Brunch file you downloaded earlier would be in a compressed format. Extract all the contents of this folder into the Chrome OS folder. When you do, you should have five files in total. The first will be install.sh, the other four from the Brunch file.
- Next, extract the Chrome OS recovery image to your desktop. Open it and rename the file to rammus_recovery.bin. On the other hand, samus and grunt users should rename their files to samus_recovery.bin and grunt_recovery.bin respectively.
- Again, move this rammus_recovery.bin file to the Chrome OS folder you created on the desktop. You should now have six files in the folder. Install.sh, rammus_recovety.bin and four others from the Brunch folder.
- Move the entire Chrome OS folder to the USB drive where you flashed Linux Mint Cinnamon.
Start Linux Mint Cinnamon
- Make sure that the USB key is already connected to the PC. Now restart your PC and when the restarting process starts, keep pressing the start key on your PC. Different manufacturers have different keys for this purpose. Here is the list of some of them:
- Dell – Press F12 key continuously when you see the Dell logo
- HP: use the F9 key when the HP logo is displayed
- Lenovo: As soon as you see the Lenovo logo, continuously press the F12 key.
- Toshiba: F12 or F2 should do the j0n.
- Acer: the F12 key should do it for you
- Once your PC boots into BIOS, navigate to the Boot section and select the UEFI option from the list.
- Similarly, go to the Security option and disable the Secure Boot feature. Go to the Exit option and select Exit Save Changes.
- As soon as it does, start pressing the power key again. At this point, the PC will ask you to choose the boot device. Since we want to boot from USB and not from the hard drive (because Windows is installed on your hard drive and we want to boot from Linux), select the USB Hard Drive option.
- Your PC will now boot into Linux Mint Cinnamon. Choose the Start Linux Mint option on the welcome screen. That’s it. You have now successfully installed Linux Mint. Now is the time to install Chrome OS on your PC with Play Store support.
Install Chrome OS
- Now that you have successfully booted Linux, connect to the WiFi network. Click on the network icon at the bottom right and choose your WiFi. If for some reason you are having difficulty connecting to WiFi, you can also opt for wired mode, i.e. via an Ethernet cable.
- We connected to the internet because we need to download some important libraries and dependencies in the next step. That said, navigate to the startup folder and select the File System tab from the bottom left menu bar.
- Open the Chrome OS folder and right-click on an empty spot in that folder. Open terminal and type sudo sh install.sh and hit enter. The download will now begin.
- It will now ask you if you want to continue with the installation. Please note that all data on your PC will be erased. To continue, type yes and press Enter.
- Once the installation is complete, go to the Start menu and click Stop. then click the Stop button in the pop-up window that appears. This will shut down your PC.
- Finally, remove the USB drive from your PC and turn it on. Your PC will now boot into Chromium OS, congratulations!
Final Words: How to Install Chrome OS on PC with Play Store Support
Hope you understand this article How to Install Chrome OS on PC with Play Store Support, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.